With all of our policies below we are adhering to guidelines and best practices as they become available. While we are doing all we can there is an understanding here that all customers, young and old, do their bit to adhere to social distancing. We cannot guarantee that children will adhere to it or that we will be able to enforce it at all times.
New Covid policies:
• All staff will receive Covid 19 training before clients arrive tours and this will be constantly updated as new guidelines become available. This will be as regards personal Covid safety and the safety of all customers.
• All activities will be set up to minimise contact between staff and groups, any interactions will be minimal and our staff will have face masks which they will put on before coming within social distance. There is a joint understanding that everyone must do their part to help abide by these procedures.
• All sessions will be pre booked with no availability for walk in and all payments must be made online or via email.
• Cleaning and hygiene procedures have been updated and every high traffic area will be cleaned a minimum of twice a day and regular disinfection of equipment after sessions. We have also updated our First Aid procedures to adhere to HSE guidelines here. We have also got a Covid action plan in place should a suspected case happen.
• Each Buoyancy Aid and wetsuit is disinfected daily
• All customers will be required to wash their hands-on arrival and at various times during the trip
• We reserve the right to have temperature checks on arrival to ensure that no one has a high temperature. If you are feeling at all unwell or have been in contact with anyone who has Covid 19 in the last 14 day then we please ask you to refrain from coming to on our tours
• We will be adhering to the latest Failte Ireland and IAAT guidelines as per this working document.
• Our max group size is 15
Do not attend:
• If you currently have Covid-19 or are displaying symptoms of Covid-19 in the last 14 days
• If you live in the same household or have been in close contact with someone who has displayed symptoms of Covid 19 in the last 14 days
• If you have been advised to self-isolate at this time
If you have travelled abroad in the last 14 days – (dependent on government travel advice with regards to self-isolation)
Procedures & Guidelines:
Overall the groups will be 15. All staff will be provided with extra items in their first aid kits which will be extra gloves, goggles, disinfectant etc. in case of an incident where they might have to perform First Aid. They will also have been trained up and practiced in the updated Covid 19 policies for instructing. Clients will have to pay over the phone using Credit cards apart from exceptional circumstances to reduce interaction between people. Sanitizer will be provided. Staff are instructed not to shake hands with any clients and to maintain distance at all times unless they need to approach client for a safety issue. If they do have to approach a client then they must put on Face mask and then wash hands immediately after sorting the problem. If staff must approach clients then the clients and staff must face opposite directions to perform task for as short a period as possible.
Arrival in for activities:
All clients self-screen and complete contact tracing before arrival. On arrival you will then be directed to our activity/guide. You will meet your instructor directly there and commence your activity. All guests will be requested to clean hands prior to starting sessions and then also at various times throughout the session. Please maintain social distancing while in the car parks, etc and during activities.
Activity Procedures & Guidelines:
We have a limited number of activities so that we can test and adapt our procedures if required. These are designed to keep our staff and clients as safe as possible. Hence, we are still unable to offer some of our activity offerings in their entirety at present.
Orienteering/ Hillwalking/ Cycling:
• Clean all equipment, maps, bikes, etc with disinfectant prior to handing to guests.
• Other than this there is no contact needed and all verbal briefs can be done at a distance
• Bikes will be left 72 hours or disinfected if required to be used prior to this
UP to be used once a day and then disinfected before being left overnight unless needed twice where a full disinfecting and wash of the sup takes place
All paddles to be washed in disinfectant after every session
Wetsuits & buoyancy aids to be disinfected after every use and used in rotation where possible
NB: This is a working document and subject to constant review and change as more information becomes available.